Marketing is such an important thing. We pretty well all want more business coming through the door. The old saying – “if you are not growing your business then you are going backwards” is often true.
We are no marketing experts and we leave the high level stuff to those that are good at it, but here are a few things we believe are true:
- Your best source of new business is referral (someone who knows you telling someone else they better check you out because you are good)
- Be real – we really like this quote “Our job is to connect to people, to interact with them in a way that leaves them better than we found them, more able to get where they’d like to go.” – Seth Godin
- We all have to walk the talk – no use saying that you will do such and such and then fail to deliver
- By all means get the new business in the front door, but watch the back door too – you can spend a lot of time on new work and forget the existing customers to the extent that they leave
- Consider outsourcing some of your marketing – the firm you choose should be an expert and not cost you an “arm and a leg”
- Keep up with technology – it can help a lot
At Inspired we try to find ways to improve our marketing footprint out there. Our latest venture is a YOU TUBE video – if you have the time – check us out!